collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 4
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: 2109 Season Thread  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2109 Season Thread
« on: August 04, 2017, 08:41:15 PM »
This is the thread for all discussion for the 2109 season, our league's tenth. This first post will be updated throughout the season and will also include links to other threads or amendment votes that come up during this time.

Sim to 10/19/2109 is complete. Next sim is Monday 9/18. We are on the Sunday-Thursday sim schedule. NEXT SIM IS THROUGH THE CONCLUSION OF THE WBA CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES AND TO THE FIRST DAY OF THE OFFSEASON.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:05:34 PM by Huckleberry »

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2109 Season Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 08:53:33 PM »

Offline Echo127

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 09:02:33 PM »
What the hell? I'm predicted to go 74-82?

Offline AndyHustle

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 09:19:53 PM »
I like this a lot better.

Offline Echo127

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 10:38:38 PM »
Wait, Huck, did you actually edit injuries onto Matos, Ruiz, White, and Bailey?

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 12:26:02 PM »
Uh, no. Not sure about the OOTP predictions. They seem way off sometimes.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 06:36:11 PM »
Rumors in Santo Domingo of the front office playing some Kris Bryant games with players to earn an extra season of service before free agency.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 11:51:29 AM »
HEADS UP ON HOW I'M GOING TO HANDLE MESSED UP ROSTERS FOR THE FIRST REGULAR SEASON SIM

Okay, here are the OOTP rules for every major league roster:

• No more than 25 players on the active roster.
  • All players on the active roster must be on the 40-man roster as well.
  • There is a minimum of 10 players on each roster for the game to run a sim.

Rules for minor league rosters:

• Roster limits are AAA - 25, AA - 25, A - 30, R - 35.
  • There are no minor league ghost players in the WBA. This means that every minor league roster also must have a minimum of 10 players on the roster.

For the Opening Day sim tonight, I will follow this procedure for every organization:

• Check number of players on major league active roster. If more than 25, I will demote the position players with the fewest spring training plate appearances until there are only 14 position players left on the roster and I will demote the pitchers with the fewest spring training innings pitched until there are only 11 pitchers left on the roster. I will not look at injury history, talent, ratings, etc. so if you have a player who missed a lot of spring training with an injury, they will likely be demoted if you don't set your rosters.
  • Once this is complete, I will verify if all players left on the active roster are on the 40-man. If they are not, I will place them on the 40-man if there is room. If there is no room then I will swap position for position until all players on the active roster are on the 40-man roster. I will try to pick the inactive players on the 40-man who had the most spring training plate appearances and innings pitched.
  • I will not adjust lineups or pitching staffs. The OOTP AI will handle this if they are not set up properly.
  • For minor league teams with illegal numbers of players on their rosters, I will demote the youngest players and promote the oldest players on each roster as necessary to make them legal.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 12:41:07 PM »
Also, see the chat box and this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=278654

Because I simmed to Opening Day instead of the day before, players will have 1 day of service who have never been up on the major league roster before. I will be going through each roster after team files are imported this evening. Any players not on their organization's major league roster who have exactly one day of major league service will be reset to zero.

Lesson learned for me - always stop simming the day before Opening Day from now on.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 08:30:07 PM »
My big trade prize Zuleide Rainha is a hard luck story so far this year. 3 starts, 5 ER allowed for a 2.05 ERA and he's only 1-1. 23K/4BB.

Offline claphamsa

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 05:35:59 PM »
He misses his old team mates.....trade for them

Offline Echo127

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 07:48:22 AM »
Here's a story line I didn't pick up on during the live sim: Santo Domingo is leading the ABL with 6.5 runs a game...1.6 more than any other team in the ABL, including mighty Buenos Aires.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 08:18:54 AM »
He has a pretty severe pitchers park while mine is a hitters park. In actuality mine is fairly neutral by design, however the average ABL park is a pitchers park by design so when I adjust factors so the overall league average is 1.000 for everything, mine ends up being a hitters park.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 08:19:51 PM »
Well it happened. Cheslav Zamorov is out for 5-6 weeks. I am essentially a 0.500 ballclub talent-wise without him. Just gotta hang in there for a while. He was working on back-to-back triple crowns, too.

Offline claphamsa

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 06:55:12 AM »
Well it happened. Cheslav Zamorov is out for 5-6 weeks. I am essentially a 0.500 ballclub talent-wise without him. Just gotta hang in there for a while. He was working on back-to-back triple crowns, too.

you could trade for a reaplacement from Paris :)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 07:00:25 AM »
you could trade for a reaplacement from Paris :)
Ha. Already thought about it. Probably would if it was longer. As of now he will miss 30 games. Unfortunately the labrum means there's a good chance of a message in a few weeks that he's now out longer.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 01:56:26 PM »
General reminder - I live in the Houston area. Given the situation with Harvey it is possible that the WBA may face a delay at some point during the next week or so. I wouldn't necessarily call it likely, but even if I still have power, if I'm dealing with flooded streets, etc. then I likely won't be running sims.

Offline claphamsa

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »
you should just sim the rest of the season today....before landfall.

Offline Txhorns

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 02:46:40 PM »
General reminder - I live in the Houston area. Given the situation with Harvey it is possible that the WBA may face a delay at some point during the next week or so. I wouldn't necessarily call it likely, but even if I still have power, if I'm dealing with flooded streets, etc. then I likely won't be running sims.

This is clearly a lack of dedication to the league Huck.  (Stay safe)

Offline Echo127

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 03:09:26 PM »
C'mon Huck, a little water never hurt anybody. Here's some inspiration for you.

http://geekologie.com/2010/01/06/game-flooding.jpg

Offline AndyHustle

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 03:12:31 PM »
Stay safe.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 09:06:05 AM »
There may be some delays this weekend and into next week. We have decided to move to a rental home during renovation so that my daughter won't be around the potential mold and then the particles and fumes in the area during the demolition and construction work.

So that means I have to transfer service for phone, internet, etc. to the new home.

Offline Txhorns

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 09:53:22 AM »
Good luck Huck, keep that daughter safe.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 11:40:06 AM »
Coming down to the wire, the IBL wild card race looks to be the most exciting with two weeks left to play.

ABL Divisional Races -

Northwest has a magic number of 3 over Mexico City in the North American Division. Everyone else eliminated. Those two teams square off in Mexico to start Sunday's sim. A series win clinches the division for the Emeralds, and even a single win clinches a tie for the division title.

Buenos Aires has all but wrapped up the Latin American Division. They have clinched a tie for the title with 12 games to go. My boys bravely fought off the Dolphin celebration by sweeping a series in Santo Domingo to end the last sim but it was only delaying the inevitable. Kind of funny that I'm proud of these little digital pretend players for preventing Buenos Aires from popping champagne in my team's hometown that I've never even been to, but that's the WBA for ya.

ABL Wild Card Race -

Santo Domingo has a magic number of 3 to clinch a spot and is 3 up on Rio. Rio is 6 up on Sao Paulo and 10 up on Mexico City, all other teams have been eliminated. Unfortunately for Sao Paulo they do not have any games against Rio left this year after dropping the series 2 games to 1 to end last night's sim. Rio has a chance to make up ground on Santo Domingo in the second series on Sunday night as they host the Palmchats in the battle to avoid Buenos Aires in the first round.

IBL Divisional Races -

Both Rome and Melbourne have magic numbers of 4 in the Afro-European and Asian divisions, respectively. The Generals are one up on the Meteors in the race for #1 overall seed in the IBL playoffs.

IBL Wild Card Race -

This is where the excitement is. London is in first position but only one game up on Mumbai. Barcelona and Black Forest are tied 3 games behind the Cobras, and Karachi and Seoul are technically still alive a further 6 games behind. You would think it would be tough for the latter two teams to pass so many other clubs and so they are likely out of it at this point.

Among the other four teams in the wild card race, Black Forest has the advantage of a home series against Singapore while none of the other three play the Merlions again. Sunday's sim, in fact, will have to be the time for the Foxes to make their move as the travel to Paris before coming home to face Singapore. London may have the hardest road with series versus Rome, at Barcelona, at Black Forest, and versus Seoul. With the two leaders out of the four teams having the toughest schedules this one should come down to the wire.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 12:06:13 PM »
Black Forest has had a weird, topsy-turvy season.  On July 8 we were 50-34 and in first place.  Since then we've gone 26-34, a winning percentage of .433, which is worse than any other IBL team except Paris and Singapore.  Normally when you see that kind of sudden decline it indicates a wave of injuries, but that's not the case here ... my guys have mostly been healthy.  They just seem to have forgotten how to play baseball.  But if they can jog their memories and close with a rush, the playoffs are still a possibility.  I wonder if any team has ever played so badly for a period of two solid months and still reached the playoffs?  Since the week that ended on July 1, we've had exactly one sim in which we won more games than we lost.

Offline Txhorns

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »
I know how you feel Coop.  The last 2 years Rome has done the exact same thing, start out hot and then drop drastically starting in August.

Offline Claybor

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2017, 02:40:31 PM »
London just lost their top RBI man for the finish, so the odds get worse. It should be interesting.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 08:26:31 AM »
Good stuff, Jake.

Final Sim Preview

ABL

Buenos Aires clinched both the Latin American Division as well as the #1 ABL seed last night, so they will be looking only toward setting things up for the postseason as mentioned above. However there is plenty to play for below them.

Northwest has clinched the North American Division and therefore the #2 seed, so Rio de Janeiro and Santo Domingo will be fighting to avoid the mighty Dolphins in the first round of the playoffs. The Palmchats hold a 3-game edge heading into the final week with a home series against recently eliminated Sao Paulo and a final series at Mexico City. The Jaguars travel to Puerto Rico before heading home to play Buenos Aires in what may be a preview of the first round to close the regular season.

At the other end of the spectrum, Puerto Rico currently "leads" New York City by 2 games for the #1 overall draft pick.

IBL

Rome has clinched the Afro-European Division title, the first in franchise history which will also lead to their first playoff appearance since the WBA's inaugural season when they were the Lagos Eagles. They are currently 4 games ahead of the defending WBA Champion Melbourne Meteors, who have clinched the Asian Division championship, in the race for the #1 seed.

The fun stuff is in the IBL wild card race where Mumbai is currently 3 games clear of a trio of Afro-European teams who are tied for the final playoff spot.  The final week of games are shown below for each of the 4 teams alive for the two wild card spots:

MUM - @MEL, KAR
BAR - @ROM, PAR
BFF - LON, @ROM
LON - @BFF, SEO

Note that while Karachi may appear still alive in the race being 6 games back with 6 to play, because Black Forest and London play each other the Falcons have in fact been eliminated from the postseason.

In IBL draft position news, Singapore has clinched the #1 overall pick and Paris is locked into the second pick.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:28:10 AM by Huckleberry »

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 08:46:24 PM »
2110 Budgets:

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:59:44 AM by Huckleberry »

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 08:48:16 PM »
Arbitration Salaries for the 2109-2110 offseason

I have saved a hard copy as of now.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »
Somebody left Zamorov completely off their Position Player of the Year ballot.

*ANGRY FACE*

Offline Txhorns

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »
Where are you seeing the ballots that have been cast? 

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2017, 12:06:34 PM »
Just fixed it. Should be set so you can see the results after you vote.

Offline APMP

• Team Owner
  • See ball, hit ball, home run.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2017, 12:18:40 PM »
Somebody left Zamorov completely off their Position Player of the Year ballot.

*ANGRY FACE*

Must be those PED rumors...

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2017, 03:02:21 PM »
Blasphemy! He is wholesome and pure!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal