collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 3
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Search

Author Topic: Karachi Pitching Review  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Karachi_GM

• Former Owner
  • GM, Karachi Falcons
    • View Profile
Karachi Pitching Review
« on: August 15, 2016, 12:08:00 PM »

Karachi Pitching Outlook

by Hasan Khan, Sports Editor (Karachi Dawn)
2 March 2105

Let’s take a look at the pitching prospects for the Falcons this year:

Rotation
A pretty deplorable crew last year save for Kan, the prospects are improved this year.  But there are still big holes at numbers four and five although there is some hope for an improvement as the year progresses.
  • Fernando Cuevas – Free agent add becomes number one starter by default; 31-year-old must produce for Karachi to improve
  • Kipchoge Kemboi – Potential number one, just 24 years old, joins the rotation after a solid year in the bullpen.  There is a lot riding on his future.
  • Shuncho Kan – 28-year-old makes big money for the first time.  Does he deserve it?  Has been remarkably consistent for five seasons.
  • Fyodor Rislyakov – Here’s where it drops off dramatically.  Iron man 38-year-old struggles to keep ERA under 5.00.
  • Emílio Roger – Veteran hangs in there but lacks the ability to be in the bigs for much longer.
  • Kuan Kao – When he is ready, prospects improve dramatically.  He starts the year at Faisalabad, he could get called up.  Potential number one is still just 21.
  • Abramhu Manyam – Can he be an effective number four or five?  He will start in the pen but could move to rotation if (when?) Rislyakov or Roger falter.
Closer
There are no worries here if there are any leads to protect late.  Myeong-hwan Lee is as good as they come.  Karachi signed him to an expensive long-term deal to eliminate the chances of his opting out of his player option this season.

Bullpen
The league reversal of the abortive waiver claim of Dermott Baldwin helps a lot.  Aside from him and closer Lee, the rest of the crew last year was decidedly mediocre at best.  The prospects are better, especially in the setup area, but still well below average in the middle and long relief areas .
  • Dermott Baldwin – Returned to Karachi as bad waiver claim, he will be either a top setup man or occasional starter
  • Rick Etheridge – Free agent becomes the top setup man for Lee.  The team is counting on him performing well.
  • Abramhu Manyam – May end up in the rotation as mentioned above but he could be the other setup guy if he does not.
  • Sixto Colón – Free agent will battle with others for a spot.
  • Jorge Cruz – Free agent will battle with others for a spot.
  • Johão Guioni – Free agent will battle with others for a spot.
  • Wiyoto Susanti – Free agent will battle with others for a spot.
  • Lukyan Enohin – Holdover will battle with others for a spot.
  • Quan-Van Phu - – Holdover will battle with others for a spot.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:58:18 AM by Karachi_GM »
Joe
GM, Karachi Falcons

Offline Echo127

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Karachi Pitching Review
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 05:04:40 PM »
Hey Karachi, if you want Dermott Baldwin back, I can give him to you for free. There was a bit of a snafu last season where the AI-controlled teams started dropping good talent for no reason.  We tried to send them all back, but it looks like Baldwin was missed. I completely forgot that I had even gotten him from waivers.  So I don't really deserve to have him on my team.

Offline Karachi_GM

• Former Owner
  • GM, Karachi Falcons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 08:05:46 PM »
That is brilliantly generous.
I'll take him if the commish agrees.
And thanks for the magnanimous gesture.
Joe
GM, Karachi Falcons

Online Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 08:15:34 PM »
I'm going to trade him for $1.  I don't need more of this stupid OOTP silliness where he stays on Rio's 40-man roster.  Please post the trade in the Completed Trades forum as I'm likelier to see it there so I don't forget before tomorrow's sim.

Offline Karachi_GM

• Former Owner
  • GM, Karachi Falcons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 09:17:25 PM »
I'm going to trade him for $1.  I don't need more of this stupid OOTP silliness where he stays on Rio's 40-man roster.  Please post the trade in the Completed Trades forum as I'm likelier to see it there so I don't forget before tomorrow's sim.
POSTED
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 07:45:54 AM by Karachi_GM »
Joe
GM, Karachi Falcons

Offline reflections311

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 10:28:59 PM »
Brisbane looks forward to seeing that pitching staff in May. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal