collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Sao Paulo / Black Forest trade.  (Read 603 times)

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Sao Paulo / Black Forest trade.
« on: August 18, 2017, 08:23:08 PM »
Black Forest sends RP Fouad Khair al din (AA) to Sao Paulo for SP Alex Burgos (ML).

Offline CaseyBlakeDeWitt

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Sao Paulo / Black Forest trade.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 08:25:30 PM »
Confirmed.

Huck, could you call up Urbano Lindt and put him into Burgos' slot in the rotation? Thanks.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 08:50:40 PM »
And please put Burgos into my ML rotation in place of bin Wakil, who needs to go back to Triple-A (taking his 7.11 ERA with him).

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 11:36:29 AM »
An update ... in my latest export I went ahead and sent Baz bin Wakil back down to Triple-A, leaving a hole in my ML starting rotation in order to make it easier to find a place for Alex Burgos.  And by the way, I see that Burgos is 0-6 this year with a 5.24 ERA.  So he should feel right at home among the other guys in my starting rotation.  :)

Offline CaseyBlakeDeWitt

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 05:49:07 PM »
I suspect your ballpark will help his home run rate and his walk rate should be stabilizing at some point too. Plus, hard to get wins when my team is sucking.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 06:19:55 PM »
Yeah, I'm just kidding around.  Certainly I expect him to do better than he's been doing or I wouldn't have traded for him.

My rotation has put up some ugly numbers this year, but a large part of the blame rests with the defense, which has been a problem this year, and I'm not sure why; the defensive ratings of the guys in the starting lineup look pretty good to me.  But anyway, to address the problem I recently promoted Jim Alexander, a centerfielder with a 9 defensive rating.  Hopefully that helps.  It also means that the first guy I ever drafted, centerfielder Indradu Minakshi, is now on the bench.  He looked good early in his career and was supposed to have 5-star potential but it's been all downhill for him the last 2-3 years.  He missed an entire season with an injury, which probably had a lot to do with his decline.  That's the way it goes.  Some guys make it and some guys don't.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »
Processed

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal