collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 14
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: All-Star Game or Series  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
All-Star Game or Series
« on: March 01, 2019, 09:20:30 AM »
Get your vote in. Fair warning is that I would have to manually schedule this because I don't think OOTP can handle all-star games or series between leagues in an association.

That's going to mean issues on when to have it because I hate to manually edit schedules any more than absolutely necessary. I also want to note that even if we vote to have one we might not because I think that right now I would have to manually create all-star teams or even an all-star tournament and manually populate the teams with the players voted onto the all-star teams. I'd be willing to do it if most of the league wants to have one, but it would definitely be some work.

With all that in mind, my idea for when to have the game or series would be actually after the WBA Championship Series but before free agents declare, arbitration is decided, etc. Basically that 2-3 week dead period between the end of the season and the start of the real offseason activities.

Oh yeah, just like our other exhibition (the WBA Cup) injuries would be turned off so everyone would have no reason to wish their players weren't all-stars.

Offline Echo127

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: All-Star Game or Series
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 12:17:55 PM »
I voted series, but really I don't care.

I'd like to have all-stars selected, but I don't care if they actually get a game or not.

Offline CaseyBlakeDeWitt

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 03:44:13 PM »
More or less agreed with Echo. Though sounds like omitting the game doesn't really save Huck much work

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 06:26:08 PM »
Yeah, populating rosters will be the largest time sink. And no matter how I do this, Stats+ will be the only record of all-star history on player pages. 

Offline claphamsa

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 08:21:54 PM »
all stars are stupid in OOTP and in real life! I vote that we pick all no paris player, so other players get hurt in stupid meaningless games...

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 06:13:11 AM »
all stars are stupid in OOTP and in real life!

+1
gomer - (go'-mər) 1. an old demented noncommunative person who has lost the qualities that go into being a human
2. acronym for Get Out of My Emergency Room, often applied to an old person that takes up room in the hospital and doesn't have the common decency to die

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 11:20:57 AM »
Our fuddy duddies have spoken (even if one of them didn't read the part about injuries). :-D

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 09:06:12 PM »
I don't care about the injuries. I just think all star games are dumb.

And yes I'm an old fuddy duddy.
gomer - (go'-mər) 1. an old demented noncommunative person who has lost the qualities that go into being a human
2. acronym for Get Out of My Emergency Room, often applied to an old person that takes up room in the hospital and doesn't have the common decency to die

Offline claphamsa

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 07:27:58 PM »
Our fuddy duddies have spoken (even if one of them didn't read the part about injuries). :-D

im fine with ASGs as long as injuries are on and my guys arent in it! they are stupid...but whatever makes people happy!

Offline squaredrive

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 04:05:29 PM »
I'm pro all-star, no injuries if it shows up in player biographies, just one more thing to add a little color to a career.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 07:52:25 PM »
I vote no, don't like all-star games.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal