collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: 2116-17 Santo Domingo Hot Stove Block  (Read 370 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2116-17 Santo Domingo Hot Stove Block
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:53:58 AM »
We can't trade anyone until after the WBACS ends, but here are the guys I'd like to move before next season. Were you close and just missed out this year? Are you taking your shot in 2117? These guys can help. Don't miss out on the tradition of players I trade away being awesome for their new team*. I am, of course, looking for picks and prospects. Time for another lightning fast Palmchat turnaround!

* - Cheslav Zamorov being the exception that proves the rule. TAKE THAT CASEY!

Ming Song, SP - Great pitcher, signed for 2117 at $8.75M. That's actually a decent salary for this guy. Went 14-4 with a 3.43 ERA for me last year and my park is a slight hitters park. Great K/BB ratio that should stay the same, the only downside with this guy is he'll give up some bombs but don't be scared of that 5 movement. 24 HR is the most he's given up in a season. His ERAs for three years in Santo Domingo were 3.46, 3.21, 3.43. Over 200 IP each season. You need this man. I'll be looking for a high pick, a good prospect, or a package deal for Song.

Cheslav Zamorov, OF - Still rated to rake righties. Had a bit of a down year this season but looking to bounce back in 2117 with a contender. Now that he doesn't play next to Parrina he'll probably do fine. I will trade him to anyone except São Paulo because he says "screw that place." $5M price tag for 2117, Cheslav is a Palmchat legend but won't be nearly as expensive as Song. He is still a valuable piece as a platoon option in LF.

Haywood Ward, 1B - Gonna be honest here, I will be tempted to overcharge for Mr. Ward. His weird reverse splits mean that he never has to sit against LHP and he is going to knock out 200+ hits every season. At this point it's more likely than not that he will one day be the all time WBA hit king. He is rated with Iron Man durability so even if I get around to changing the injury file this offseason he should still give you 156 games at first base. He was suspended for 5 games his rookie year but since then has played something like 1,500 consecutive games. That's the WBA record if only because I don't know of anyone who has played in more. Anyway, I signed him when Buenos Aires let him walk because I knew he'd be amazing once out of that pitchers paradise. He has done everything I expected. If you need a first baseman and a great stick at the top of the lineup it does not get better than Haywood. No relation to Clu Haywood but he'd also be willing to throw at his own kid in a father-son game if it meant he'd win.

António Rivera, 2B/SS - Solid glove in the middle infield, 4 WAR type of player, signed for only $4M for 2117. Versatile, good bat, good player. Can find a spot on every roster in the WBA and can be a starter on a championship team in the right spot.

Guastão Sardinheiro, RP - Closed for me this year, had 41 saves. $4M price tag in 2117.

Bob Poole, RP - Used to close for me. Starting to age but could still help in somebody's bullpen. $3.5M salary in 2117.

Imazighen Kitur, RP - Had a real good season for me, helped solidify my bullpen. $3.125M in 2117 and was a closer in Karachi.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2116-17 Santo Domingo Hot Stove Block
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:49:13 PM »
Bump.

Just keeping this near the top so when someone feels like they're on the cusp of a championship roster this offseason they know where to get the finishing pieces.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal