collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 4
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Meteors GM Weinberg holds press conference  (Read 559 times)

Offline Bob_Meteors

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Meteors GM Weinberg holds press conference
« on: September 23, 2017, 04:15:29 PM »
Melbourne Meteors GM Bob Weinberg recently held a press conference to discuss Melbourne's path forward. The following is an edited transcript.

Jill Impact: So, Bob, thanks for coming here. Obviously, my first question is about Andy Stone.

Bob Weinberg: laughs Yeah, I sort of figured that.

Jill: Well, we all want to know, how are the negotiations going?

Bob: I still have hope, but I don't know why. He's made it very clear he isn't going to be signing.

Jill: What about in free agency?

Bob: Yeah. He said that we could try to make offers in free agency.

Phil Crater: Do you think he might get signed by anyone else??

Bob: Of course, he will get signed by someone. To answer the question I think you were really asking, he might re-sign with Mumbai, I don't know.

Phil: And if he does?

Bob: Well, that wouldn't be good. We basically would have traded Dwijen and Kitur for Abedi. I mean, picture that lineup with Dwijen, plus Stone. Jeez.

Marcus Comet: What about other teams? Who do you want him to go to?

Bob: Well, there's no good answer, other than Melbourne. I think I'd be happiest if he ended up on a bad team, but they wouldn't be likely to bid. So,
 probably someone like Sao Paulo or Buenos Aires. Nowhere in the IBL. Though I would say that Rome and Mumbai are the most likely right now.

Marcus: Are you really mad at him?

Bob: No, of course not. I respect his decision to opt out.

Marcus: Are you just saying that so he signs with you?

Bob: Next question.

Jill: Moving on. Who do you see as your starting rotation?

Bob: Well, it's tough. Obviously Kvana and Abdel but the rest, I don't know. Andy if he signs. Beyond that, maybe Yami, Imre, or Nasih. I could see someone like PĂ©rez or Juarez competing too.

Marcus: And your outfield?

Bob: Botol, Steph, and Gong.

Phil: What about Tsao and Celestino? You just got him, is he really gonna stay as a backup the whole season?

Bob: Nobody said the whole season. Those three are my Opening Day lineup,
 but the other guys will have plenty of time to play. Maybe they can win a starting job.

Phil: And what's happening to Percy Oskam?

Bob: Probably sent to Triple A. He wasn't great last season but we see a lot of potential.

Marcus: Bob, who do you see winning the IBL?

Bob: Well, the Meteors. Seriously though, I have no idea. We are obviously very good. I could easily see Rome or Mumbai winning it all. Black Forest is the defending champs, can't count them out. London's rebuild is just about over. I really don't know.

Marcus: And who'll win the WBA?

Bob: Whoever wins the IBL.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 06:37:31 PM by Bob_Meteors »
Manager:
Brisbane Bandits 2107-2108
Melbourne Meteors 2108-

2108 WBA Champions
2142 WBA Champions

Offline philip-whiskeyjacks

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Meteors GM Weinberg holds press conference
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 11:38:03 AM »
Dateline: Ottawa, Ontario
Statement from GM Philip Hubbard, Ottawa Whiskey Jacks

Interesting interview.  The Whiskey Jack organization wonders who the Meteors consider a "bad team".  We in Canada hope that the Australians remember that last year's record doesn't qualify or disqualify a team for this year's playoffs.

With Poe leading our pitching staff and a lot of good talent coming through our minor league system, Ottawa likes our chances.  Very much.

Offline Bob_Meteors

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Meteors GM Weinberg holds press conference
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 01:42:15 PM »
Melbourne, Australia
Statement from Bob Weinberg, GM of the Melbourne Meteors

Melbourne did not wish to insult anyone. They do, however, look forward to watching the Bourbon Bears or whatever get trashed by Cheslav Zamorov and the Toucans.

Melbourne would also add that it's difficult to take someone seriously when they still haven't changed their logo after relocating.
Manager:
Brisbane Bandits 2107-2108
Melbourne Meteors 2108-

2108 WBA Champions
2142 WBA Champions

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal