collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 8
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: 2133 draft a "huge test" for Farnell  (Read 814 times)

Offline Havana_Jake

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
2133 draft a "huge test" for Farnell
« on: October 16, 2021, 06:41:07 AM »
2133 draft a "huge test" for Farnell

HAVANA--Hired after the sudden death of his best friend Havana_Jake, Dan Farnell has struggled in his role as General Manager of the Havana Dolphins. After 11 consecutive playoff appearances, the Dolphins have now missed back-to-back postseasons.

“It’s really hard to be the GM,” said Dan Farnell, who is also the beat writer for the team. “Baseball is complicated. Writing about it is pretty easy. Actually making the decisions about trades and stuff like that is way harder.”

I don’t know if writing about it is “easy.” If it were easy, I think the Havana Times would have hired a new beat writer. But they didn’t hire anybody, and apparently were mad at me because I wasn’t doing my job. I should have just quit, but I’m scared of my boss. It’s not that she is mean or anything, she’s actually super nice. I just really fear disappointing her. My therapist says it all stems from my relationship with my own mother, who was always disappointed in me.

But in the 2133 draft the Dolphins have an opportunity they’ve been working towards for some time. After trading away stars like Gabriel Cuarenta and Juan Bojorquez, the Dolphins now hold five picks in the first two rounds.

“It’s definitely a huge opportunity,” said Farnell. “We’ve built toward this moment for years, going all the way back to moves that Jake made. I’m nervous as fuck because if I fuck this up, I could totally fuck up our team for a long time. And people would be so pissed at me if I fucked up the team like that.”

The team is rumored to be deep in talks with [REDACTED], a young [REDACTED] from [REDACTED]. Reached for comment, the young [REDACTED] said, “It would be exciting to play for a franchise like Havana, who I grew up rooting for as a child. But at the same time it would be sad. Like I just feel like you’d always be thinking about Jake. And especially comparing him to Dan Farnell, you know? Sorry I hope that’s not rude. You’re a really great beat writer.”

Thanks.

Dan Farnell

Dan Farnell is the beat writer covering the Havana Dolphins. He also has a weekly column titled, “How I See It.” It’s titled that because he is blind. Not sure if people remember that he is blind from an elective eye surgery he got right after he got traded by the Montreal Voltigeurs, but then the trade got voided because he went blind right when he was supposed to get traded.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2133 draft a "huge test" for Farnell
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 09:53:33 PM »
I hope for many more 4th place division finishes for the Dolphins. You can do it!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal