collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 3
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Star pitcher Boye dies in plane crash  (Read 552 times)

Offline Havana_Jake

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Star pitcher Boye dies in plane crash
« on: June 23, 2020, 09:24:07 PM »
BUENOS AIRES -- A somber mood has descended upon the entire city of Buenos Aires as a man who had come to represent so much to the people of Argentina has passed. In an attempt at reconciliation between the Dolphins ace and owner, Boye boarded an EVILCORP private jet bound for the Galapagos Islands. The plane exploded just before take-off. Buenos Aires police have already ruled out foul play, but the protesters in the streets suspect Jorge Lopez. Lopez's tweets have only served to add fuel to the fire, so to speak.

"It is TRAGIC to see that a once great pitcher's life had to end with him as a villain. So many in the streets protesting against him. Hopefully this will bring some peace to our wounded nation," tweeted Lopez.

Dolphins third baseman Paco Prado struck a different chord, saying, "No one has meant more to Argentina than Abilio Boye. We as a nation have lost so much today. We as a team have lost so much."

Asked whether he found Lopez's tweet insensitive, Dolphins GM Jake said, "I haven't had time to see the tweet. I'm a pretty busy guy, Dan."

I read him the tweet, and he said, "I mean I still haven't technically seen the tweet, Dan."

I offered to show him the tweet, and he said, "I'm pretty sure it was in jest, Dan."

I told him that Lopez had been asked by a reporter if the tweet was in jest, and that he had replied, "I don't even know what jest is, but I can guarantee you that I do not jest. I never jest."

Jake said, "Well maybe that was in jest? I don't know, Dan."

-Dan Farnell

Dan Farnell is the beat writer for the Galapagos Islands Dolphins.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal