collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Odd  (Read 1514 times)

Offline AndyHustle

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Odd
« on: September 08, 2016, 09:55:39 AM »
Found an oddity in the game... One of my minor league guys is listed as being on my AA roster, but when you look for him in game, he is no longer there. Has this happened to anybody? Says he's still on contract, he's not injured, but he just doesn't show up. Check it out...

http://www.worldbaseballassociation.com/reports/news/html/players/player_2293.html

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Odd
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 12:01:47 PM »
Don't have access to the game from where I'm at but I will try to remember to check on this tonight.  You're saying that you can't find him anywhere in the game?

Offline AndyHustle

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 03:44:22 PM »
Correct. He's definitely listed as part of the team when you find him through transactions, but then when you look at the roster for lineups etc. he's nowhere to be found. Could be an OOTP glitch

Offline Echo127

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 04:19:38 PM »
I did a bit of freelance investigative work. If you go to the Florida Hurricanes transaction log in-game (under Rosters and Transactions) it says he was released on May 25. Along with a second player who is accurately listed as a free agent. Not that any of that clears anything up...

What happens if you try to move him to a different level in your organization?

Offline AndyHustle

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »
The even more odd thing is that if you check his personal history it doesn't show him being released. However, your idea seemed to work. I moved him down a league and he showed up, and then sent him back up and he showed up again.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 06:15:43 PM »
So it's an OOTP glitch and you were able to fix it?  Best possible result.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 07:17:25 PM »
This explains something I've seen with some of my minor-leaguers.  I've released guys, only to have them show up on one of my minor-league rosters again later.  At first I thought I'd just messed up (you know, "Gee, I thought I released that guy but I guess I didn't get around to it").  But it's happened to me three times now, and I'm not quite that absent-minded.  So I've seen the same glitch.

The funny thing is that I ended up keeping one of the three guys.  Between the time that I released him and the time he reappeared on my Class A roster, his ratings went up enough that he was better than some of my other minor-leaguers at that position.  So one of them got the axe and he got his roster spot back.

If we start giving players nicknames, I guess I'm going to have to call that guy Zombie.  He returned from the dead.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal