collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: IBL's top pitcher is on the block.  (Read 850 times)

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
IBL's top pitcher is on the block.
« on: May 09, 2017, 07:34:13 AM »
Serhat Karpat, the reigning Pitcher of the Year, is available if the price is right. 

I wasn't planning to do this; was hoping to sign a decent free agent or two in order to take a run at the playoffs.  But that failed, so I may as well cash him in and build for the future.

Some caveats...

This guy is absolutely great, so he won't come cheap.  If I don't get an offer that knocks my socks off, I'll keep him.

I strongly prefer to trade him to the ABL.  If he stays in the IBL he will haunt me for years.

I'm not interested in old guys, first basemen, relief pitchers or cash; got plenty of those things.  Interested in young talent, especially INF and SPs, and/or draft picks.

If you're interested but can't pay Karpat's $9 million salary, I'd be willing to kick in the money for the right deal.  Might as well use the money for something; none of the free agents would take it.

Lastly, don't expect an immediate decision.  I want to take time to make sure I'm making the best deal.  I can't part with a player like this lightly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal