collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: 2110-11 Offseason Thread  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2110-11 Offseason Thread
« on: November 28, 2017, 08:11:14 PM »
This is the thread for all discussion of offseason activities during the 2110-2111 offseason.  This first post will be updated throughout the offseason and will also include links to other threads or amendment votes that come up during this time. We are preparing for the WBA's 12th season. Offseason sims will begin on Wednesday 11/29 and we will then proceed with the usual DAILY sims during the offseason.

Sim to 4/7/2111 is complete. Next sim is Monday 12/18.

Offseason Sim Schedule:

Date - Sim Until - Activities before and during sim

Monday 12/18 - 4/14/2111 - First sim of 2111 regular season, have lineups and staffs set or I may auto-organize with OOTP AI
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:04:52 PM by Huckleberry »

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: 2110-11 Offseason Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:51:42 PM »
Something I'll suggest for the future ...

I see in the chatbox that guys are asking when we get our draftees.  I'd like to suggest that, in future seasons, we should get them assigned to our teams earlier than we're currently getting them.  The reason for this request is that I think it'll facilitate trades.

I periodically look over the rosters of other teams (including the minor-league rosters) to see if I can find someone who has a surplus of talent at a certain position.  Let's say that my minor-league system is short on promising outfielders.  If I can find a team that's got more outfielders than they really need, maybe I can come up with something they need, and we can do a deal that'll benefit both teams.  I was going to do that over the past weekend, but teams still didn't have their new draftees, so it was tough for me to really tell where there were surpluses.  By the time the draftees are assigned, we're in spring training and only a few days away from Opening Day, which makes the trade window pretty narrow.  So anyway, if possible, I'd like to see the draftees get assigned to their teams sooner next season.  I think it would give us a chance for some more preseason dealing.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 06:18:13 PM »
That's a reasonable idea. The draft was originally placed in March so we would have time to finish drafting in the utility, but the drafts are going much quicker these days. Whether that's due to StatsPlus or having owners who have been in the league a while I'm not sure (probably a combination of both). But either way it seems like I can probably move the draft up in the calendar.

What does everyone think? March 1st is where it is now. February 1st may not be soon enough, but January 1st seems like it might be pushing it. That's when the 2-week sims start, though, so it might be a logical place to put it.  This year the drafts ended by then but it seems like it was a really fast year for the drafts.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 06:31:18 PM »
I don't know how much flexibility OOTP provides, but I'd suggest that, instead of having a hard-and-fast date, how about simply importing the draftees on the first or second sim after both drafts have completed?

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 06:46:06 PM »
Jan 1st with a 30 day reveal? That would be perfect.
gomer - (go'-mər) 1. an old demented noncommunative person who has lost the qualities that go into being a human
2. acronym for Get Out of My Emergency Room, often applied to an old person that takes up room in the hospital and doesn't have the common decency to die

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 08:07:09 AM »
January 1st may work but we would need more than a 30 day reveal as that would only give 4 real life days to draft. I will probably move it to January 1st but keep the reveal date during the playoffs.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 08:07:54 AM »
Also, I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. Interleague draft picks are included in the draft log. For some reason the ABL picks from the IBL draft are at the end of the ABL log but the IBL picks in the ABL draft are at the beginning of the IBL log.

http://www.worldbaseballassociation.com/reports/news/html/leagues/league_100_draft_log_0.html
http://www.worldbaseballassociation.com/reports/news/html/leagues/league_105_draft_log_0.html

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »
that would only give 4 real life days to draft.

That sounds like heaven.
gomer - (go'-mər) 1. an old demented noncommunative person who has lost the qualities that go into being a human
2. acronym for Get Out of My Emergency Room, often applied to an old person that takes up room in the hospital and doesn't have the common decency to die

Offline JohnC

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 01:26:01 PM »
January 1st works. I like getting my players into the system as soon as it is possible. Coop makes a good point as well if you are looking for potential offseason trade partners then it certainly helps to get them in there soon rather then later.

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 04:35:36 AM »
Are the HR settings turned way down?
Pre-season power projections look off.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 07:05:57 AM »
Are the HR settings turned way down?
Pre-season power projections look off.

Preseason predictions are worthless this year because I forgot to load the correct era_stats file on my machine when rolling over to Opening Day. It will be corrected for the season, but you can't force the OOTP predictions to run again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal