collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Karachi Will Debut Its New Stadium on Opening Day  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Karachi_GM

• Former Owner
  • GM, Karachi Falcons
    • View Profile
Karachi Will Debut Its New Stadium on Opening Day
« on: August 16, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »

New Stadium for Falcons

by Hasan Khan, Sports Editor (Karachi Dawn)
9 March 2105

At a surprise press conference this morning, the Atlas Group executives responsible for the management of the Karachi Falcons announced that the Falcons would move into their new stadium on Opening Day, April 3rd.  The new stadium was originally not scheduled to be ready until next season.  Since the conglomerate Atlas Group was itself doing the construction work, it was able to significantly accelerate the process.

The new stadium will be named Muhammad Ali Jinnah Stadium in honor of Quaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan.  It will feature a real grass field and a retractable roof.  Fans will especially appreciate the comfortable new seats and the wide range of amenities available during games.

The team will unveil the field to fans on Fan Appreciation Day, April 2nd, one day before Opening Day.  The entire team, including newcomers Toshikuni Hashimoto and Fernando Cuevas, will be on hand to meet fans and sign autographs.  In a special treat for fans on that day, the Green Shirts, Pakistan’s national cricket team, will also be on hand to meet and greet Falcon boosters.  Season ticket holders will be allowed to enter the stadium at noon; all fans are welcome at 13:30.

On April 3rd the Falcons will inaugurate Ali Jinnah Stadium as they face the Rome Generals who recently relocated from Lagos, Nigeria to the City of the Seven Hills.  The first pitch will be thrown out by popular singer and actor, Tariq Aslam, great grandson of the legendary 21st century singer and actor, Atiuf Aslam.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:16:48 PM by Karachi_GM »
Joe
GM, Karachi Falcons

Offline APMP

• Team Owner
  • See ball, hit ball, home run.
    • View Profile
Re: Karachi Will Debut Its New Stadium on Opening Day
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 03:56:05 PM »
So, cricket remains popular in the next century. No shock there.

Mr. Aslam, I assume, is either in remarkable health to have survived to 2105, or otherwise is a musical cyborg.

Offline Karachi_GM

• Former Owner
  • GM, Karachi Falcons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 04:06:07 PM »
So, cricket remains popular in the next century. No shock there.

Mr. Aslam, I assume, is either in remarkable health to have survived to 2105, or otherwise is a musical cyborg.
Time Warp  8)
However, in the spirit of accuracy, I have modified the post.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:12:38 PM by Karachi_GM »
Joe
GM, Karachi Falcons

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »
Speaking of stadiums --- I mean stadia, to use the correct plural form of the word ...

I'd like to rename my team's stadium.  Instead of calling it Fox Stadium, let's call it The Den.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal