collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 3
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Avoiding Service Time for Injured Players  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Avoiding Service Time for Injured Players
« on: April 12, 2017, 07:24:57 AM »
Just a heads up, I gave some advice to an owner that turned out to be incorrect so I took some service time away from one of his players. Essentially it should be possible in the WBA to avoid service time for a player if he's injured for the entire season, but you first have to move him to the minor leagues and then put him on the minor league DL. This means that if you put him on the 60-day DL in order to clear a spot on the 40-man roster, he WILL accrue major league service time.

You have to make a choice between opening up the 40-man roster slot or avoiding major league service time accrual.

Player was Indradu Minakshi. I told Coop that if he put him on the 60-day DL then he wouldn't accrue the major league service time.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Avoiding Service Time for Injured Players
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 07:58:35 AM »
Thanks for correcting this.  Minakshi missed the entire season due to injury, and it seems strange that OOTP would credit him with a year of major league service time when he didn't play a single game.  Not sure I understand why they do that.  I'd be tempted to classify it as a bug.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 10:20:22 AM »
It's actually operating correctly according to real-life rules. If a player is on a major league disabled list they accrue service time.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »
Wow ... the benefits of having a strong union.

Offline Karachi_GM

• Former Owner
  • GM, Karachi Falcons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 03:28:26 PM »
Except I don't think OOTP allows you to move a play that is injured.  It suggest you put him on DL instead.  That's the way it always worked although I have not tried it with versions 17 or 18.
Joe
GM, Karachi Falcons

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 04:06:03 PM »
Except I don't think OOTP allows you to move a play that is injured.  It suggest you put him on DL instead.  That's the way it always worked although I have not tried it with versions 17 or 18.

Good point. Not sure on the recent versions either. That would mean that you might get locked into service time for a guy who was on your spring training roster, which would suck.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal