collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Black Forest player name changes.  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Black Forest player name changes.
« on: May 15, 2017, 06:04:05 PM »
For the new rookie class, I'd like to request two changes.

I'd like to have SP Mehret Akinwunmi renamed to Jerry Keeton (in honor of a high school teammate who was a darn good lefthanded pitcher).  And I'd like to change his hometown to Brisbane, Australia.

Also, since SP Albert Hirsch is German and looks like he could become an ace, I'd like to give him an appropriate nickname; I'd like to call him "The Red Baron."

Thanks!

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Black Forest player name changes.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 07:24:45 PM »
I should add that I cleared this idea with Jerry.  Now I just hope the pitcher doesn't blow his arm out or something.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 08:21:26 PM »
Done

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 08:13:26 AM »
Yeah, he blew his arm out.  Figures.

Anyway, moving on to my top pick in the 2110 draft, I feel that Dyutana Chitnis deserves a better nickname.  Chitnis is a flashy guy --- fast, great fielder, super line-drive hitter.  If he was American his teammates would call him Hollywood.  But he's from India, so let's give him the nickname "Bollywood."

Offline APMP

• Team Owner
  • See ball, hit ball, home run.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:30:57 PM »
Bombay is the British imperial name. F***k those guys. It's MUMBAI.

But I suppose if you call him Mollywood we'd worry about a drug habit, so Bollywood it is ;)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 07:34:15 PM »
Bombay is the British imperial name. F***k those guys. It's MUMBAI.

But I suppose if you call him Mollywood we'd worry about a drug habit, so Bollywood it is ;)

Now wait a second, you can't be complaining about a lack of respect for the Queen's English on one thread and then attacking their imperialistic tendencies on another. Pick a side, fence-sitter!

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »
I probably should have posted this before the WBA Cup, but anyway ...

I want to change the name of my first-round pick.  I've had a team in Germany for 8 full seasons now, and I've still never had a German star.  So I'm going to try to force the issue.  Please give my first-round pick the name of Kurt Richter.  Hometown:  Kiel, Germany.

Oh, and I want to give a different nickname to my third-round pick, Shane Attwell.  The nickname he's been given is "Daddy O," which would work if he was old or if his name started with O, but he's 18 and his name doesn't have an O anywhere.  So let's call him "Wild Man."  Because why not.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 07:38:33 PM »
Changes made (prior to draft import, hopefully nothing messes up)

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 08:01:31 AM »
Three times in the past I've renamed my first-round pick, and every single time, the guy I renamed ended up being a bust.  So the rest of the IBL will be happy to hear that I'm unable to learn from my mistakes and I'm going to do it again.

My first-round pick in the IBL draft this year was outfielder Francisco Rivera.  I'm renaming him because I'm in the Afro-Euro Division and I haven't had a good African player in a long time.  So let's rectify that.  Assuming of course that he actually develops into a good player, unlike 90% of my first-round picks.

Let's call him Niko Shipanga, from Walvis Bay, Namibia.  And yes, both the first name and last name are actual Namibian names; I researched common Namibian names online.

Thanks!

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 07:17:58 AM »
Bump so I hopefully remember tonight.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 05:40:51 PM »
My stadium announcer has informed me that he's going to quit if he has to pronounce the name Biplab Neeharika on a regular basis, so let's do something about this year's first-round Fox draftee.  I like to get players from out-of-the-way places, so let's change him to:

Nikolai Tarand of Tapa, Estonia.

Yes, those are actual Estonian names.

Nik is probably already the best pitcher we've ever had from Estonia.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 12:19:59 PM »
In keeping with my penchant for having players out-of-the-way places, I'd like to change the name and hometown of my first-round pick from this year's first-round rookie draft.

Currently, he is listed as Tomas Cabrera of Guillena, Spain.

I'd like him to instead be listed as Magnus Ingolfsson of Arborg, Iceland.  (Maybe the WBA's first player from Iceland?)

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 07:41:55 AM »
My first-round pick this year was a relief pitcher from France.  FRANCE!  Can't have that.  Also I have no idea how to pronounce his last name, Rouyer.  So it's gotta go.

Let's change his name to Costas "Chainsaw" Markou, from Nicosia, Cyprus.  I love the idea of bringing "Chainsaw" in from the bullpen.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 12:35:44 PM »
Haven't renamed any draftees in several seasons, but I'm in the mood for that this year.

I had three picks in the first round.  I'm going to leave the first guy's name alone, Khai Jiang.  I kind of like it.  But for the other two I'm changing their names and birthplaces.  I like getting players from out-of-the-way places.

So let's change Antonio Gonsales to Waso Kagame of Ngozi, Burundi (a small nation in Africa).

Let's change Jose Diaz to Gideon Zamosh of Tel Aviv, Israel.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 12:38:23 PM by Coop »

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2020, 03:26:23 PM »
The Foxes drafted four guys in Round 1 this year.  I'd like to make changes to two of them.

The #1 pick was Jose Lopez.  There's already a very good player in the IBL named Jose Lopez, so to avoid confusion I'd like to rename my guy to Maximilian Lopez.  No changes are requested to his hometown.

The #9 draftee was Kuan-tai Ai, from China.  I like having players from unusual places, so let's change him to Druk Tenzin, from the city of Mongar in the tiny Asian nation of Bhutan.  Possibly the WBA's first Bhutanese player?

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2021, 08:36:44 AM »
No name changes this year, but I'd like to change the nicknames of several guys.

SP Hi-yuan Mao - change nickname from Sparky to Chairman.
SP Odell Pittakis - change nickname from Trixie (wtf?) to Zeus.
CF Vicente Moya - change nickname from Catfish to Salsita.

Thanks!

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2021, 07:54:25 AM »
Haven't changed a draftee's name for a few years but the league already has too many guys named Hernandez, so I'm changing the name of this year's first-rounder.  Instead of Omar Hernandez from Spain, let's make him:

Naftali Kipruto of Mombasa, Kenya.

Also I can't resist giving one of my draftees a cheesy nickname.  I drafted a pitcher in Round 10 named Ming Zhuo.  He is now known as Ming "The Merciless" Zhuo.

$1 in WBA bucks goes to the first guy who knows what goofy movie that comes from.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 01:52:35 PM by Coop »

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2021, 12:03:16 PM »
Ming the Merciless is from the Flash Gordon comics

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2021, 12:08:39 PM »
Actually I never read the comics but I saw the movie.  A long time ago.  Had nearly forgotten it until I saw the name "Ming."

Ming the Merciless to his underling:  "Are your men taking the right pills?  Maybe you should execute their trainer."

I'm hiring him to run my player development program.  Can't be as bad as the last guy, who has allowed virtually all of my recent first-round picks to flop.

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2021, 08:11:19 PM »
My first-round pick in the recently-completed draft was Mun-wah Kun of China.  I haven't changed a player's name or origin in several years, but this guy's name just sounds kind of clunky to me.  Also we've got a lot of players from China.  So I think a change is in order.  I've noticed that, while we've got a bunch of guys from the United Kingdom, they all seem to come from England or Scotland.  I don't recall any players from Wales.  So let's change that.  I'd like my first-round draftee to be:

Glyn Reece from Cardiff, Wales.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 07:04:26 AM by Coop »

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2022, 01:28:55 PM »
The nickname OOTP gives to my first-round pitcher, Bao-tian Li, is "Gasoline."  Yuck.  Let's change it to "Bruce."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal