collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: 2112 Amateur Drafts  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2112 Amateur Drafts
« on: January 30, 2018, 03:41:12 PM »
Let's discuss. From what it looks like, the ABL pool is much more talented at the top than the IBL. According to my formula, which is the basis of the Huckleberry Predictor 3000™, the top 7 prospects in the ABL draft are all better than the best prospect in the IBL. Which of course comes in a year where I have 2 of the top 7 picks in the IBL.

The good news for the IBL is that the depth of the pool in the second and third rounds is better than the ABL. IBL prospects #10 through #32 are rated more highly than their ABL counterparts. After that the ABL should have a slightly better 4th round, 5th rounds are even, the ABL has a better 6th through 10th rounds, then the back half of the drafts are basically indistinguishable.

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: 2112 Amateur Drafts
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 06:15:15 PM »
So in other words, you're going to re-do the IBL draft class for us.

Cool!
Thanks!
gomer - (go'-mər) 1. an old demented noncommunative person who has lost the qualities that go into being a human
2. acronym for Get Out of My Emergency Room, often applied to an old person that takes up room in the hospital and doesn't have the common decency to die

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
I went ahead and opened the drafts. Timers won't start until Tuesday, though.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 03:09:32 PM »
Okay, drafts are whipping right along in Stats+ again. I am going to move the import date up from March 1st to February 1st so all players are in our organizations before Spring Training. However, I won't be doing that for the 2112 draft we are doing right now because I'm sure that would screw something up somehow. Beginning with the next (2113) draft they will be imported on 2/1 instead of 3/1.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal