collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 4
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Santo Domingo 2132-33 Offseason Block  (Read 755 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Santo Domingo 2132-33 Offseason Block
« on: August 16, 2021, 08:48:38 PM »
Two Latin American division titles and a WBACS ring. It was a good run, but the clubhouse is in desperate need of an overhaul. During our opening round playoff loss the complete lack of leadership saw star CF José Casillas participate in a rodeo during the series which predictably resulted in an injury. He may have felt he had to participate given that WBA Hall of Fame legend Carlos Vargas invited him to the local event, but that nobody in the clubhouse helped him see through this evil ruse just won't stand in Santo Domingo.

It's no surprise that several reports indicate that Palmchat Director of Clutchitude and Winneriness Cheslav Zamorov was furious upon learning of the situation. But after some time things calmed down just a bit and the front office now seems more upset with the supposed veterans on the team rather than Casillas himself. So that's why EVERYTHING IS ON SALE* this offseason in Santo Domingo. My entire 40-man roster is available except for Casillas, Chin, and Todi. Highlights below:

* - with some exceptions

Yoshida Kamuta - Are you kidding me? This guy is incredible. He's in the running for ABL Player of the Year, he steals bases like a kleptomaniacal wizard, he has another year of arbitration. EVEN HIS PLAYER ID IS H4X0R CODE FOR ELITE. You can't afford not to trade for this guy.

Gilles Flores - Ace. That's all that has to be said. Guy is amazing and is at a reasonable (for his level of SP) $9M salary for the next 4 seasons. You're welcome.

Wei-sng Ling - Ace closers are worth their weight in gold. This guy is fantastic. Hey Huck, stop trying to pull a fast one, he's a pending FA. O RLY? Not after he signs the 1 year $3.5M extension in the next sim or two.

Rob Moore - 4 WAR second baseman. Old, but has another good year left in him. Do you need to make your chance count? Then you need this guy. Slightly overpaid at $8M per year but I'll eat some of that salary for the right deal. My magnanimity is endless.

Alessio Gardella - Figured it out a bit in Santo Domingo. Very good reliever, reasonable reliever salary of $2.5M for one more season. Can definitely be a major piece for a contender.

José Mendoza - Very nice middle of the rotation type SP, would fill the #3 slot on a contender very nicely, possibly even #2. One more year of arbitration. What a steal!

Ewalt Böhmer - Good arm that will cost you only $800K in salary next season. Fantastic deal.

Gabriel Cuarenta - What a great guy. Helps old ladies across the street and everything. His contract is expiring but throw some cash or a 5th rounder at me for the chance to negotiate.

Higino Brak-Lamy - LOL are you joking, Huck? This guy's ratings suck. Or do they? He's a league average hitting (98 OPS+) catcher who's been over 2 WAR each of the last two seasons and will only cost you $2.5M next year. Look around the league, there aren't many catchers this good out there. He might not be great but he's a pretty certain top half catcher.

Ask about anyone else on the 40-man!!!

Offline Havana_Jake

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Santo Domingo 2132-33 Offseason Block
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 11:46:12 AM »
I really enjoyed reading this

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal