collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 14
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Vicente Deleón Pitching Ability Memorial Fire Sale  (Read 598 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Vicente Deleón Pitching Ability Memorial Fire Sale
« on: December 01, 2020, 11:44:46 AM »
SANTO DOMINGO ---

Rumors are flying out of the Palmchat front office that team management has made the decision to forcefully close the window on the current iteration of the club. While some fans and media personalities have been publicly calling for a drastic move even before the 2127 season, Santo Domingo brass reportedly waffled in recent days and considered trying to extend things for one more year. But when offers started coming in they made the difficult decision to move into a rebuilding phase. Unfortunately those rumors reached the clubhouse before front office staff had the chance to inform the players, as seen in a recent interaction at headquarters.

~~~Vicente Deleón knocks on office door~~~

Huck L. Berry: "Come in. Oh, Vicente, I've been looking for you just to see how you're doing after that tough exit. How are things?"

Deleón: "Thanks boss, you know it's never easy when the season ends. But I'm here to talk about the rumors I'm hearing of a bunch of my boys leaving. I heard Bonehead is already locked into a move. Is that true?"

Berry: "Unfortunately, yes. I'm afraid that time we discussed a while back where our window closes has unfortunately arrived. We need to get value while we still can. We gave it a valiant effort but it just didn't work out for us."

Deleón: "I don't know, boss. I think we can still win this whole thing. We've got great young hitters who are good with the glove, Bonehead was still producing, a top flight closer with other good relievers. That's all we need to win."

Berry: "..."

Deleón: "And I mean I'm still anchoring the rotation. I've even been taking GRITTY GAMER lessons from Liddicoat."

Berry: "Look, Flip. You're a legend. But the rotation just wasn't there and it's just too expensive to try to purchase an entire starting rotation that can win titles. We tried the Rio method of being just good enough to play the postseason lottery. But it's not happening. You are welcome here forever, Flip. And don't tell the owner I said this but at any price you name, too. We can never thank you enough for everything you've done for this franchise, and will still do. You have my word that within the rebuilding process we will still surround you with the best team possible to help you out."

Deleón: "You've always been good to this club and to me, so I'll trust you. But I'm going to hold you to your word, boss."

Berry: "About surrounding you with the best team possible or about paying you any price you name?"

Deleón: "..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal