collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 6
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Just for fun stat ... starting pitchers who don't win.  (Read 194 times)

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Just for fun stat ... starting pitchers who don't win.
« on: February 22, 2022, 03:12:03 PM »
This isn't meant to be particularly meaningful information, but just for fun I thought I'd try to find starting pitchers who over the past few seasons have had a real hard time chalking up a W.  I may have missed somebody; if so, my apologies.  Anyway, here are some guys who have started regularly in recent years but who have rarely come away with a win.

The champ when it comes to a one-year record for futility is Joris Dubuc of Los Angeles.  In 2135 he started 55 games, won 4 and completed none.  I gather that he was just used as an "opener."

The guy who seems to have had the most trouble over the past two seasons is Adrian Fonseca of Nairobi.  In 2134/2135 he started 58 games and won 12.  Of course, he was pitching for a team that wasn't a playoff contender, so his inability to post victories is somewhat understandable.  On the other hand, there are plenty of other pitchers in the league who toil for non-contenders, and they won more often than Fonseca.

For a three-year period, I found two guys who deserve a dishonorable mention.  Norbert Torrigiani of Melbourne has over the past 3 seasons started 73 games and posted only 16 wins.  During that same time period Yat-sen Cheng of Los Angeles logged 89 starts and won 18.

One wonders what a manager says to one of these guys at the start of the game.  "Go get 'em!  Get out there and post a no-decision!"

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Just for fun stat ... starting pitchers who don't win.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 06:53:57 PM »
Nice work. I like pieces of futility trivia when they don't include Palmchats.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal