collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: 2113 Season Thread  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2113 Season Thread
« on: May 03, 2018, 07:50:54 AM »
This is the thread for all discussion for the 2113 season, our league's fourteenth. This first post will be updated throughout the season and will also include links to other threads or amendment votes that come up during this time.

Sim to 11/3/2113 is complete. Next sim is hopefully Wednesday 6/20, will depend on how soon I have time to figure out the injury file situation.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:55:48 PM by Huckleberry »

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2113 Season Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 07:52:36 AM »
Preseason OOTP Predictions:

Offline claphamsa

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 06:52:35 PM »
im sick of losing....but my players are never developing.  I blame gomer and bob

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 08:14:47 PM »
I do think a modified injury file would be worth a look. Don't know anything about messing with that, though.

Offline JohnC

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 11:18:55 AM »
I also get frustrated by the development, or lack of development of the prospects in this league. Ever since I took over this team we have picked in the top 1-3 spots. Other then Rhodes who is developing slowly, and probably will never reach his potentials. All my other guys have hardly developed at all. Biggest one I check regularly is

SP Deleon (AAA) Santo Domingo
vs
SP Liu (A) Carolina

When these guys were drafted they were very close in ratings. Almost identical. They were picked 1 & 2. I actually liked Liu better because his pitches were more developed. Now Deleon is almost ML ready and Liu is still several seasons away at least. This is just the one example I listed, but as I have said, I can't develop any prospects at all. If it was a one off then I would chaulk it up as a bad luck. Especially on the pitching side of things. They can't develop pitches and the control always seems to drop. I guess my point is I have been at this since v6.5 of OOTP and never seen development at such a slow rate like this..

PS- I don't know why my avatar no longer works on this site..

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 01:21:59 PM »
Regarding the avatar, imgur messed things up recently. I remapped it to this site's image URL.

As for prospects, I agree with you. I've considered a talent change randomness adjustment but as you've noted sometimes guys don't even reach their listed potential so I'm not sure how much of an impact that would make. I remember drafting Dave Howard and being certain I found my long-term centerfield answer. He started tanking almost immediately. And yes, ever since the league started pitcher control has been hammered by the development engine.

Offline JohnC

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 01:38:01 PM »
But if it was changed, or bumped slightly, maybe more guys would reach their potential. Or, at least come close to it.

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 03:00:41 PM »
I have a RANZBA mindset when it comes to dev.... why keep it slow?

I'd speed it up to the max, at least then maybe we'd know if the dude's gonna flame out sooner.

I hate it when you have a guy whose talent potential remains steady from age 18 up to age 22 or 23, then completely falls off the cliff by 24 or 25.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 05:31:34 AM by Gomer »
gomer - (go'-mər) 1. an old demented noncommunative person who has lost the qualities that go into being a human
2. acronym for Get Out of My Emergency Room, often applied to an old person that takes up room in the hospital and doesn't have the common decency to die

Offline claphamsa

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 09:29:11 PM »
I have a RANZBA mindset when it comes to dev.... why keep it slow?

I'd speed it up to the max, at least then maybe we'd know if the dude's gonna flame out sooner.

I hate it when you have a guy who's talent potential remains steady from age 18 up to age 22 or 23, then completely falls off the cliff by 24 or 25.
same

Offline JohnC

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 07:06:07 AM »
Is this a dead issue? Another impact it has on me is trading. When I first came into this league I traded a bunch of vets for several really good prospects. Almost every single one of those guys crashed and burned. Makes it difficult to trade when it's very likely the prospects you get won't develop.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 08:33:33 AM »
Definitely not a dead issue, still open for discussion. It's a fine line, though, so I will be hesitant to make huge changes. I do currently lean toward lowering talent change randomness but probably not by a huge amount. Previous studies have shown that we have a good curve in terms of career WAR based on round drafted. Of course right now Ryan Hernandez is working on destroying those numbers.

I think we already have accelerated development and slowed aging, but I'll take another look tonight if I can remember.

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 09:19:25 AM »
The Folders have been extremely lucky with injuries so far, and I'm pretty sure that's why we're in 1st place.
But I agree that losing pieces of your team definitely takes some of the fun out of the game.
I know in other leagues I've been in that had high (ie ootp "low") injuries, GM immersion (including mine) certainly waned.

my opinion is just a slight tweak down in random talent change, slight tweak up in dev speed, and decrease in injuries would get us to a nice sweet spot.
gomer - (go'-mər) 1. an old demented noncommunative person who has lost the qualities that go into being a human
2. acronym for Get Out of My Emergency Room, often applied to an old person that takes up room in the hospital and doesn't have the common decency to die

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2018, 08:20:54 PM »
There's been a lot of discussion about player development in this thread, so I've done a lengthy study of first-round draft picks that I think you guys might find interesting.  It's pretty long, so I'll create a separate thread for it.

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 09:06:46 PM »
What's up with stats+? Is that broken too?

I miss the old dev reports.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »
They were a little late last night because I didn't get around to pushing the button for a bit. They're still functioning fine as far as I know.

Offline Echo127

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 04:55:20 PM »
Gomer, are you talking about the dev reports here?

http://www.worldbaseballassociation.com/cgi-bin/ootpou.pl?page=development

Because that's not working for me either.

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 05:27:40 PM »
Gomer, are you talking about the dev reports here?

http://www.worldbaseballassociation.com/cgi-bin/ootpou.pl?page=development

Because that's not working for me either.

Well, yeah, that's the report that I miss. But I know Huck said something about that when we switched to v19. (is that report permanently dead?)
So I was getting my dev info from the stats+ dev report, which isn't nearly as good, plus was lagging behind by 2 sims at the time of my post.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »
Yes, that report is dead unless the OOTP:OU guy updates his package. OOTP changed the CSV column mapping when they "updated" to 19.

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 08:06:28 PM »
Yes, that report is dead unless the OOTP:OU guy updates his package.

Huck's all about dudes' packages

Offline JohnC

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 08:24:11 AM »
Has any decision been made on lowering the randomness? Just asking as I am watching more of my top prospects lump. Hodges and Medina being the latest...

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 09:20:14 AM »

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 05:02:00 AM »
Pretty F'ing thrilled about trading for a top closer then losing him for the season in the same sim. >:(

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2018, 09:27:32 PM »
I have a bunch of guys who should be lock-down defenders who have a shit ton of errors.
Are we thinking of checking on league totals for errors this off-season?
Hoping so.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 04:11:51 PM »
I check before opening day every year. The auto-calc button does stupid shit with error totals so I reset them all to 1 after the stats are adjusted.

I have the same issue this year, so yeah I'm thinking about moving it further down. Must be OOTP 19 related.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 03:13:06 PM »
No cash maximum thread this year, I forgot. Paris is the only team with cash that will be set on fire if they don't trade it. They have $11,187,463 in excess cash right now.

Offline claphamsa

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2018, 04:20:20 PM »
cash fire sale wooo

Offline Gomer

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 PM »
are we doing arbitration in game or out?

Offline Echo127

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2018, 05:19:47 PM »
In-game.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal