collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Search

Author Topic: 2107 Season Thread  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2107 Season Thread
« on: March 05, 2017, 06:03:54 PM »
This is the thread for all discussion for the 2107 season, our league's eighth. This first post will be updated throughout the season and will also include links to other threads or amendment votes that come up during this time.

Sim to 10/26/2107 is complete. Next sim is Wednesday 4/19. The next sim will be to the first day of the offseason. CASH TRADES TO GET UNDER THE CASH MAXIMUM ARE DUE BY TOMORROW NIGHT.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 08:12:03 PM by Huckleberry »

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2107 Season Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 08:06:23 PM »
First shock is the OOTP engine's upset prediction in the Latin American Division:

Here are the IBL predictions, and there's another surprise as OOTP predicts the 6-time defending Afro-European champs to finish dead last:

Offline AndyHustle

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 08:09:24 PM »
I would be PUMPED with 72 wins. Some of my prospects should contribute more this year. Hope Smith and Pina can have breakout seasons.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 08:38:41 PM »
Buenos Aires' young shortstop had a heck of a week. He hit for the cycle and had a three home run game in the same week.

Vinícius Caruma

Offline Havana_Jake

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 09:41:26 AM »
My little guys are growing up. I'm so proud.

Offline Havana_Jake

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 06:31:15 PM »
Clifford "Fudd" Mitchell has thrown back-to-back shutouts. He's back after a somewhat down 2107.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 08:23:39 PM »
Wow. I'm now 18-11 and have been outscored on the year. When I lose, I get trainwrecked. Could really use those two starting pitchers who are out injured (they were supposed to be 1 and 3 in my rotation).

Offline claphamsa

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 09:14:48 PM »
started 1-9 11-9 since then....whats real?

Offline squaredrive

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »
Good lord, was expecting to see some incremental improvement in Mexico City this season but the bottom has fallen out.  Have played 75% of my games on the road so hopefully it starts to balance out.  Nothing like your big FA pitcher starting 0-6.

Online APMP

• Team Owner
  • See ball, hit ball, home run.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »
Woof.

Offline claphamsa

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 01:23:00 PM »
does it actually matter?

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 01:24:29 PM »
Not sure, but I would think that it might matter in terms of injuries. I have never understood the injury system in OOTP but since we don't have ghost players you are going to have a lot of overuse on your rookie team.

I would at least fill it up with scrubs you don't care about just to even out the workload.

Your rookie league catcher Yang Jung has started 43 games on the mound this year.

http://www.worldbaseballassociation.com/reports/news/html/teams/team_95_pitching_stats_0_1.html

Offline claphamsa

• Former Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 04:29:54 PM »
apparently he has started EVERY game :)

added a ton more minor league SPs...drop any if i over did it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 05:23:14 PM by claphamsa »

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 09:18:24 AM »
My team is getting hot at the right time for a division title.

Which usually means flaming out in the playoffs. I guess we'll see.

Offline Echo127

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 12:03:29 PM »
My team is getting hot at the just the right time to play myself out of good draft position while still not getting anywhere close to playoff contention.

Offline squaredrive

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 07:19:47 PM »
Hey Huck - after the season can we take a look as stolen base figures again? My 10 and 11 rated SB guys are between 55-67% successful which seems low, my very unofficial analysis says guys at that level should be closer to 75%. 

Anecdotally, in the AL in 2016 there were 2 players with more than 10 CS.  In the ABL, there are already 14 players with 10 or more CS.  Admittedly, this could be the result of more total attempts - needs analysis.  Pretty significant implications on strategy however.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 08:14:46 PM »
Hey Huck - after the season can we take a look as stolen base figures again? My 10 and 11 rated SB guys are between 55-67% successful which seems low, my very unofficial analysis says guys at that level should be closer to 75%. 

Anecdotally, in the AL in 2016 there were 2 players with more than 10 CS.  In the ABL, there are already 14 players with 10 or more CS.  Admittedly, this could be the result of more total attempts - needs analysis.  Pretty significant implications on strategy however.

Yes, I'll look again, does seem a bit off. Seems like runners started out reasonably successful and then tapered off big time (at least on my team).

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 09:11:48 AM »
ABL Playoff Picture heading into the last sim:

North American Division

There are four teams alive for the division crown and as all are eliminated from the wild card race there is no prize for second place. Los Angeles leads by a half-game and the Stars are one game ahead of Washington in the loss column heading into the final week. New York City and Mexico City are 2 and 2-1/2 games behind LA, respectively. While the Senators were the preseason favorites they face the toughest schedule in the season's final week. The other contenders will be hoping for sweeps of the league's weaker teams in one of their final two series, particularly the Empires when they travel to Puerto Rico.

Final Week Schedule for Contending Teams:

Los Angeles - 3 @ Florida, 4 @ New York City
Washington - 3 @ Mexico City, 3 @ Rio de Janeiro
New York City - 3 @ Puerto Rico, 4 vs Los Angeles
Mexico City - 3 vs Washington, 3 vs Florida

Latin American Division

Santo Domingo has a magic number of 1 over São Paulo and so needs only a single win or Toucans loss in the last week. Both teams have clinched at least a wild card berth.

Wild Card Race

Either the Toucans or Palmchats will be one wild card team while Buenos Aires has almost wrapped up the second wild card spot. They have a magic number of 1 over Rio de Janeiro in that race. The only way not to reach the playoffs for the Dolphins would be to lose their last 7 regular season games, have the Jaguars win their last 6, and then lose the one game playoff.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 09:14:59 AM by Huckleberry »

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 09:22:59 AM »
ABL Playoff Picture heading into the last sim:

Afro-European Division

There are also four teams alive in this division title hunt, however the wild card is still at least a slight possibility for all of the contenders. Paris and Rome are dead even heading into the final week with London 2-1/2 games behind and Scottish 3-1/2 games back. The week starts off with a crucial battle between the Fleur-de-Lis and the Generals.

Paris - 3 vs Rome, 3 vs Black Forest
Rome - 3 @ Paris, 3 @ Seoul
London - 3 @ Mumbai, 4 vs Scottish
Scottish - 3 @ Black Forest, 4 @ London

Asia Division

Three teams remain in contention in our final division, currently led by Mumbai one game over Brisbane and three over fading Singapore. The Merlions need to regain their early season magic as it looked for a long time like they would shock everyone with a division title despite poor preseason predictions.  The good news for these contenders is that all are ahead for a wild card berth if they don't win the division.

Mumbai - 3 vs London, 4 vs Karachi
Brisbane - 3 vs Karachi, 4 vs Singapore
Singapore - 3 vs Seoul, 4 @ Brisbane

Wild Card Race

All of the division title contenders listed above are mathematically alive for a wild card spot. Singapore currently holds the second wild card position by 3-1/2 games over both Paris and Rome.

Online APMP

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 06:37:27 PM »
Jeez totally forgot about the league for the past couple of days while on vacation. I need to clearly get away more.

Online APMP

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2017, 05:57:38 AM »
Also, what are the playoff roster rules again? Are changes allowed between series? Asking for Jose Ramirez, who could be back in two weeks.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 10:00:02 AM »
Yes, you can change between series. No special playoff roster rules, you can bring anyone you want onto your roster for the playoffs.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal