collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Service Days to Equal One Year  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Service Days to Equal One Year
« on: June 27, 2017, 08:10:48 AM »
Currently our league settings state that it takes 173 days of service to equal one year. This is a 1:1 relationship with the number of calendar days in a WBA regular season. Are there any thoughts in the league to lowering that number? MLB has it so that 172 days of service equals a year despite a 183 day regular season. The new MLB CBA will keep the 172 day threshold even though the regular season will now be 187 days.

Anyone have thoughts, either for or against, changing our value to something around 160 days for a service year?

Offline Coop

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Service Days to Equal One Year
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 11:41:05 AM »
I'd vote to keep it the way it is, since we've all been planning roster moves for years with the existing structure.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 11:48:54 AM »
Understood and that is definitely a concern. I'm not 100% sure how OOTP handles this but I don't think it would affect previous years, the problem is that I'm not certain of that.

Offline Havana_Jake

• Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 09:38:22 PM »
I would at least want to change it to 160 in the future. I think it makes it too easy to manipulate your way to that extra year of team control otherwise. I also think that the best way to develop a realistic and healthy economy is to kind of pretend the players have a union and some say. Otherwise we end up with a structure that is made by and for GMs, which is inherently a little unrealistic. I'm happy to be head of the players' union.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 12:27:38 PM »
As of right now it is 173 and will be changed to 181 with the implementation of the new schedule format. It's still up for discussion, just wanted to update everyone.

Offline Huckleberry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 03:23:12 PM »
And yet another update. It will have to stay at 173 even after our season length changes to 181 days next year. See this thread for the reason why:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=280013

So it's possible we may change it to 181 in the future if they do get this fixed in a patch, however for now it would cause problems. So for the 2109 season we will have a 181 day regular season but only 173 days required for a service year.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal